Monday, August 24, 2009

weims and cheese for everyone...

If you missed WRNT's Weim & Cheese event, you really missed a great time! There was plenty of good food and conversation to be had. Gracie made an appearance in her formal bandage wraps (we specifically asked the vet for 'something in pastel' when they re-wrapped her tail and front legs) and princess collar. And, boy, does she know how to work a crowd! Her feet didn't touch the ground unless we took her out to go to the bathroom. I hope everyone who wanted a turn holding her had the chance. If you didn't, sorry! We'll catch you next time!
She had some friends there, too. Maggie and Jack, 2 of Sydney's mixed puppies were there. Sydney came into the rescue pregnant and has been a wonderful mom to her litter of adorable pups. Their feet didn't touch the floor, either. Nothing heals the spirit like a cuddle with a soft, warm puppy!
We had a great turnout and I think everyone had a really good time. I had made a slideshow of Gracie's journey up until now and those who were there got to see it. I will get it on the blog in the next few days. We've been busy at our house with back-to-school activities this past weekend so I apologize for the lack of posts. Believe me, it's not for a lack of material. Gracie is constantly giving me material to talk about...I just need the time to write!
Thanks again to all who came out to Weim & Cheese and a very special thank you to those who organized and ran this great event! It ROCKED!!! :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure glad that Princess Gracie was able to attend the Weim and Cheese event. She is a celebrity in her own right. I love to read about your adventures and learning experiences. Thanks for all that you and your family does for Gracie and all the meaning you put into the the word RESCUE.......
Allene