Wednesday, August 19, 2009

our good little patient...

Seriously, I'm starting to wonder if this dog can do no wrong. She has been the model patient in her recovery...she's been taking it easy, not messing with her bandages or the uncovered stitches in her belly and has showed no signs of needing any pain meds. She ate well this morning and went back to sleep with me (I worked last night) until noon. I hate to keep saying it, but here goes...Amazing! Gracie just seems to be appreciative of everything she receives and is able to do. I think we've heard her bark all of one time and she submits to the big girls, Miley mostly but Maggie, too, when appropriate. And she continues to be the sweetest, cuddliest (is that a word?) Weim! On a side note, Miley continues to be a jealous, mischievous sister. She was back to pulling Gracie's blankie out from around her last night. I guess she realized that Gracie's injuries and bandages weren't life-threatening so she could resume her bratty behavior. When this wasn't working, she pulled the pillow out from under my head twice! I could blog just on her quirkiness alone!
Anyway, I don't want to jinx us but it appears we might not need the inflatable collar. Gracie has licked her dew claw bandages a couple of times but that's it. I think she vaguely looked at her spay incision this morning and might have licked it once. She is just a perfect angel.
She must be feeling a little better because as I type she has Barbie's main man, Ken, pinned to the ground and is trying to amputate a leg. Better his leg than hers, right?
I guess that's the big news for now. It's looking good for her to attend Weim & Cheese this Saturday night. I'll put up a post about that later. Everyone is invited and it benefits the rescue and all that we do for the Gracies in Texas! She'd love to 'smell' you there!

No comments: