Thursday, October 22, 2009

guest blogger this weekend!

Hi Gracie fans! Well, it was bound to happen sooner than later...we are headed out of town this weekend and were faced with the decision of what to do with Princess Grace. I did NOT want to board her at a kennel with the twins and her usual babysitter was out of town so I was starting to stress. It's not even that my little girl is blind and neuro-challenged. It was more that she is a spoiled brat and has grown accustomed to being treated like a princess. Well, maybe I was a little worried about her challenges, too... Anyway, I put out the call for help to my wonderful friends in WRNT and once again, the rescue came through for us. Gracie will be in good hands with Jason and Ashley all weekend. They are weim-savvy and Gracie followers, so I know she will be spoiled at their home, too. Jason recently realized a dream of his...he went from the corporate world to self-employment as owner of Smarter Pups, a business with the goal of improving relationships between dogs and their humans through smarter, individualized training. I talked with Jason at length about Miley this past summer. She had been 'acting out' and tearing up stuff around the house. He had great suggestions and although we didn't go through his training program, the ideas and tips he offered were helpful and Miley is no longer in danger of spending some 'alone time' in her crate. Please check out his website at http://www.smarterpups.com/. He is a great guy and really likes what he does, and that makes all the difference in the world!
So, back to this weekend. We had many volunteer to keep Gracie but Jason was the first, and closest, to answer my call for help so he 'won'. By the end of the weekend, he may not feel so lucky! Gracie is BUSY all the time now and when she gets wound up it takes awhile for her to calm down. But cuddle time is always great with her, so who knows...
I've asked Jason and Ashley to 'guest blog' this weekend; partly so you all get a different perspective on our little girl and partly because I will be a nervous mother and want to know what's going on! (see, I can admit that I'm too attached...but can you blame me?) Hopefully, we'll get pictures, too.
So...2 nights without that warm little body snuggled up next to me (or on my head, which is how I woke up this afternoon when napping)...this could be difficult!

No comments: